Extract .wpress files created by the awesome All-in-one-Wp-Migration plugin
In this tutorial we are going to extract an .wpress which is not working properly during migration or installation of the backup.
Step : 1
Download .exe file which is needed from the following link. Download
Step : 2
After completion of download create a folder in desired location that may be in c drive extractor.
Step : 3
Copy the downloaded extractor to that directory
Step : 4
- Open run by pressing windows + R button in your keyboard.
- In run type cmd and press enter key.
- Open up a command prompt
- CD into the directory you just created, let’s say its C:\Wordpress-Backup. The command you’ll run would be
- Now run the following command
wpress-extractor <name-of-your.wpress file>. For example my .wpress file was fifthsegment.wpress so the command I ran was
- You’ll find your files extracted into the same directory where the extractor was run. In my case it was